Experience Bhutan, Experience Happiness
Time & Location
In collaboration with a leading DMC
(5 Nights / 6 Days) Fly In & Fly Out
(Thimphu 2N – Wangdue / Punakha 1N – Paro 2N)
- 18th May to 23rd May 2019
- 3rd June to 8th June 2019
Complete Package cost is INR 54,600/- per person
ARRIVAL AT PARO AIRPORT – THIMPHU
On arrival at Paro Airport and after completing your Visa formalities you will be received by our representative and transferred to Thimphu in a private luxury car. Drive to Thimphu (2320Mts / 7656Fts, 60Kms, drive 1.5- 02 Hrs). Thimphu is the capital of Bhutan and the centre of government, religion and commerce.It is a unique city with unusual mixture of modern development along with ancient traditions. Thimphu maintains a strong national character in its architectural style, yet all modern facilities and services are available. Upon arrival a brief orientation to Bhutan and Bhutanese cultural shall be done by our representative. Few sightseeing will be done too which are; Buddha Point, Memorial Chorten, and TashiChhodzong depending on flight arrival. Overnight Hotel in Thimphu.
Thimphu sightseeing covering Traditional Painting School, National Takin Reserve, Farmers’ Market, Thimphu’s Art Studio (VAST), Traditional Paper factory and the Changangkha Lhakhang. Overnight in Hotel at Thimphu.
THIMPHU –PUNAKHA SIGHTSEEING
We check out from the hotel. Drive to Punakha (2.5 hrs, 75 km). On route we visit Dochula Pass (3100 m). The pass is a popular location among tourists as it offers a stunning 360 degree panoramic view of Himalayan mountain range. The view is especially scenic on clear, winter days with snow-capped mountains forming a majestic backdrop to the tranquillity of the 108 chortens/stupa gracing the mountain pass. Dochula is about an hour from Thimphu. Visit the Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of the Divine Madman). Lunch at Lobesa, and then continue to visit Punakha Dzong(the old capital of Bhutan). Punakha Dzong is also the most important building in the country where all national importance including the Royal Wedding and Coronation of the Kings of Bhutan are held. Overnight hotel in Punakha.
PUNAKHA SIGHTSEEING - PARO
Check out from the hotel. Drive to Paro (4hrs). On the way stop at Lamperi to visit Royal Botanical Park. Afternoon visit Ta Dzong - National Museum with an excellent collection of arts, relics, religious thangkha, etc. Rinpung Dzong - meaning "fortress of the heap of jewels". The dzong now serves as the administrative and judicial seat of Paro. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Paro.
Visit the Paro Dzong, National Mueseum, Tiger’s Nest View*, DrukgyelDzong view, on a clear day, one can see the commanding view of Mt Jhomolhari (7134Mts / 23400Fts) can be seen towering over the Dzong. Visit local homes to experience local food and hospitality. * Hike to the Tiger’s nest is optional. This is considering that there are at times kids and elderlies. However, if the group is fit and interested we highly recommend the hike to the Tiger’s nest. The hike to Tiger’s nest is 2 hours up and 1 hour down.
After breakfast, transfer to Paro Airport for taking onward connection.
- Accommodation on double occupancy.
- Meal Plan – breakfast & dinner.
- All Airport transfers & sightseeing on shared basis in Toyota Coaster Bus.
- All permit fees & hotel taxes applicable (as per itinerary).
- Daily 02 water bottles during sightseeing .
- One mobile sim for couple.
- English speaking guide
- Return airfare in economy class ex. Delhi.
- Airport assistance at Delhi airport.
- Accommodation in 3 star Hotels
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone bills, bar bills, tips & gratuity, bottled water and cost for other activities such as rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, porterage, etc.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary 3. Entrance Fees for museums and monuments.
- Any cost arising due to unforeseen contingencies such as landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc. Such expenses will have to be paid directly.
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Anything which is not included in inclusions.