Meghalaya Adventures Women Special
Time & Location
Pick up from Guwahati airport at 1 pm (plan flights accordingly). Then head for a road
trip from Guwahati to Shillong with 2 stops:
Stop at Nongriat for lunch
Stop at Umiam lake to absorb the lakes scenic beauty
Settle at the accommodation in Shillong and go visit the cathedral church. Dinner at one
of the local cafes. Overnight Stay in Shillong.
Early morning after breakfast leave for Dawki. Enjoy boating and swimming in Umngot Riiver and also spotting India and Bangladesh border in Dawki. Lunch in Dawki and leave for Jaintia hills. Hike down to Krang Suri waterfalls in Jaintia Hills. Take a road trip to Cherrapunji from Jaintia Hills. Dinner at accommodation in Cherrapunji and overnight stay.
Double Decker Bridge
Double Decker, these living, breathing works of art and natural architecture are as functional as they are beautiful. Designed and engineered by the indigenous Khasi people of Meghalaya state. Leave for Double Decker living root bridge trek in Nongriat after breakfast (around 8am, the trek will take the entire day). Bonfire night and dinner at the accommodation in Cherrapunji. Overnight Stay in Cherrapunji.
Early morning after breakfast, head to visit the famous waterfalls in Cherrapunji, Nohkalikai Waterfalls, Seven Sisters’ Waterfalls. Stop for lunch at an all women run restaurant in Cherrapunji. Later head for another adventure - cave exploration in Arwah Caves – limestone deposits and fossils. Dinner at the accommodation in Cherrapunji and overnight stay.
Early morning after breakfast, head for a road trip from Cherrapunji to Mawphlang Village. Explore sacred groves and khasi heritage village tour at Mawphlang village. Learn about khasi tribal culture, mythology and their way of life, also enjoy picnic in Mawphlang village. Evening head for road trip back to Shillong. Spend the evening at a cafe and local bakeries in Shillong, also indulge in local shopping and collecting souvenirs. Dinner in Shillong. Overnight stay.
Early morning after breakfast, visit Ward’s Lake and Shillong golf course and other sightseeing points subject to availability of time. Then head to Guwahati airport around 12 PM estimated time of arrival 4pm at airport. Fly back to your respective places (need to plan flights accordingly).
- Private AC vehicle for airport transfers / All Sightseeing as per Itinerary where
- applicable. Inclusive of all toll charges, Driver allowance and fuel.
- Accommodation for 5 Nights (2 Nights in Shillong,3 Nights in Cherrapunji)
- in hostels, homestays that rich in character and focus on giving them the
- real experience of a local. The accommodation will be clean, hygienic and
- One female tour Guide/ Coordinator
- All permits
- Breakfast (All Days except 1)
- 5% GST
- Flights. Can be arranged at an additional cost. Please note the flight timings
- should align with the tour timings.
- Entry fees to all places if applicable.
- Camera Charges
- Expenses of personal nature
- Meals not covered in Inclusions
- Items not mentioned in Inclusions