We are in the middle of the pandemic for a year now, it has been a roller coaster ride. As the lockdown relaxed and cases decreased, when life was coming back to the new normal of precautious travel little did we know nature had different plans of its own i.e. the emergence of the second strain of the coronavirus has left the world and India in particular perplexed. So, if you ask me whether it’s the right time to travel? there is no right or wrong to it, but the truth is, it depends. If you're all careful, smart, apply physical distancing and abide by the rules, then it ought to be ok. It shall boost the economies around the world, and is great for your psychological state and well-being. However, it’s utterly alright to feel apprehensive concerning travel so, to ease up your journey here are some measures to abide by.
1. International travelers need to submit a self-declaration form along with a negative covid-19 RT-PCR report and upload it at newdelhiairport.in.
2. Travellers have to mention the past 14 days of travel history and reveal whether they will disembark at the arrival or take further flights in India.
3. Nationals of India, Residents of India, nationals of Bhutan and Nepal are allowed to enter the country.
4. Passengers are not allowed to transit through Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, and Hyderabad to a Third country.
5. Tourist visas are no longer valid.
6. Medical visas issued before 21 October 2020 are no longer valid.
7. Passengers arriving from UK, Brazil, and South Africa are subject to molecular tests on arrival at their own expense.
Rules before boarding
1. Do’s & Don’ts shall be provided to the travelers by the airline.
2. Only travelers who have filled the self-declaration form along with a negative covid-19 RT-PCR report will be allowed to board.
3. Passengers carrying no symptoms after thermal screening are allowed to board.
4. Passengers must download the Aarogya Setu app.
5. Passengers must definitely maintain distance for their own safety and the safety of others.
Rules during travel
1. During the complete period of flight passengers are requested to be wearing masks, shields if provided and often sanitize hand.
Rules on arrival
1. Passengers must definitely maintain distance for their own safety and the safety of others.
2. Thermal screening is carried out. Passengers are requested to present the self-declaration form to the authorities.
3. Passengers with symptoms shall be isolated instantly, Passengers who were exempted for pre-arrival RT-PCR shall go for sample collection and are allowed to go and passengers with negative RT-PCR reports are needed to undertake self-quarantine for 14days.
There are different rules for different states across India but here are some common rules that one must follow for safe travel.
1. Wearing a mask and maintaining hand hygiene are mandatory.
2. Majority of the state requires you to carry a negative RT-PCR report 72hours prior to your travel.
3. Some states require you to carry a negative Rapid antigen test 24hours before your travel.
4. Most of the states require a Quarantine of 14 days or at least 7 days and there are exemptions for asymptomatic passengers in some states.
5. Aarogya Setu app is a must.
6. Every state has restrictions except Goa.
Some tips for everyone who wishes to travel
1. Be responsible and follow the rules.
2. Avoid public transport.
3. Wear a mask at all times.
4. Be prepared for last-minute cancelation.
5. Avoid eating during travel.
6. Avoid using washrooms during travel.
7. Keep sanitizing your hands constantly.
8. Practice physical distancing.
9. No hugs, only Namaste.
Enjoy your travel & Safe travels