Time & Location
01-Apr-2020 – 06-Apr-2020,
- Cherrapunji Waterfalls
- Double Decker Bridge
- Krang Suri Waterfalls Trek
- Mawlynnong Village
Day 01: Arrival in Guwahati, transfer to Shillong,
Welcome on arrival at Guwahati Airport/Railway station. After greetings proceed to Shillong. Upon arrival, check-in to your hotel.
Overnight, stay at the hotel in Shillong.
Day 02: Shillong Sightseeing,
After breakfast gets ready for the local sightseeing at Shillong. Visit Don Bosco Museum, the Cathedral Church, Ward’s Lake, Lady Hydri Park, etc. After sightseeing return to your hotel. In the evening you can visit the famous Police Bazaar.
Overnight, stay at Shillong.
Day 03: Elephant Falls and Cherrapunji,
After breakfast, drive to Cherrapunji. It is credited as being the wettest place on Earth, although nearby Mawsynram currently holds that record. Cherrapunji possesses some exotic waterfalls and impressive limestone caves. On the way, you will see many gushing waterfalls, including the famous Nohsngithiang Falls. Enroute visit Elephant Falls, named after an Elephant like a stone at its foot, the Elephant Falls are amongst the most popular falls in the North-East. Visit the Seven Sisters Falls, Mawsmai Cave, and the Mawkdok Dympep Valley View Point.
Overnight, stay at Cherrapunji.
Day 04: Double Decker Root Bridge,
Early morning (5 AM) start your journey to Double Decker Root Bridge, deep in the dense tropical forest of Meghalaya is a must-visit destination known for its numerous waterfalls. It’s a 3000 step journey (Trek) down the hill and the trek starts from Tyrna Village (10 Kms from Sohra, Cherrapunji). The approx. time to complete the journey(both ways) is 5-6 Hrs. After returning from double-decker Root Bridge, have lunch & then proceed to visit Nohkalikai Falls, the tallest plunge waterfall in India. Mawsmai Cave, Nohsngithiang Falls & Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama. Overnight, stay in the hotel at Cherrapunji.
Day 05: Mawlynnong – Dawki - Shillong,
Today early morning, start your road journey to Mawlynnong. Mawlynnong was awarded the prestigious tag of & Cleanest Village in Asia in 2003. Visit Root Bridge & Bamboo Bridge. After Mawlynnong, you will start your journey to the border town of Dawki, a hidden paradise. The driver will keep getting you closer and closer to the Bangladesh plains which you had first spotted from Mawlynnong Village. Umngot River in Dawki is crystal clear & is considered one of the cleanest rivers in India. You can enjoy a boat ride in the river. After this proceed to Shillong. On arrival, check-in to your hotel. Overnight, stay at Shillong.
Day 06: Departure,
Post breakfast, drop to the airport/station. Return home with good memories from the trip.
- Accommodation on double sharing basis
- Wovoyage representative
- Sightseeing transfers as per itinerary
- All taxes
- Flight fare, Train fare
- GST 5%
- Meals not mentioned in inclusions
- Any personal expense
- Entrance Tickets & Camera Tickets
- Any extra sightseeing apart from the suggested itinerary
- The itinerary is subject to weather conditions.
- Rooms are subject to availability. In case the rooms are not available then similar category rooms in similar hotels will be provided.
Terms and Conditions
- Cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure date - 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- Cancellations between 30 days to 15 days prior to departure date - 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- Cancellations less than 15 days of departure date - No Refund.